Chengdu day 3


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu » Emi Shan
February 6th 2010
Published: February 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So today- was pretty much the highlight of chengdu for me.

On our way to Le-shan Mt (Giant Buddha) we made a pit stop at a tea harvesting farm, which was really pretty, although that was where I realized that I can barely walk anymore without having everything ache afterwards.

At Le-shan Mt, where we viewed from a speed-boat for probably just 10minutes we got to wave at random people who were actually at the foot of the Buddha, and everyone started taking pictures of us- mostly because there were Caucasians on board.

We went to Ermei Mt hotel, after- and had 2 hours of free time - so the majority of the group decided to get a 2hour body massages for 120 yuan which if you think about it is a really good deal considering the fact that a massage would cost more than $120 and we got it for approximately $17.

After that we went to a monastery (a mix of Buddhist, Taoist, and Confucius ) it was fun... but a bit similar to the other temples that we've been to....

And this is where the real fun began, after dinner, we got to go out and we started to walk around, and ended up following the lights again. ( I should probably mention now, I FORGOT MY CAMERA!!- HUGE MISTAKE!!) We started to dance with a group of people who were in a circle around a fire with a girl and little boy teaching us how to dance!! it was absolutely fantastic- it was sooo much fun, we had no idea what we were doing- which made the experience even better. After we did a bit of more dancing, less severe, a bit more like exercising, which was also fun- they played the song, "Ice, Ice, Baby," at one point. Overall, we took the time to hang out there and make complete fools out of ourselves. And as we were leaving, John and I did a little side shuffle dance on our way out, which made everyone laugh at us. (go figure)

We bought red lanterns that float/ fly up into the sky by lighting a candle at the bottom... they were 5 yuan each- and since I didn't bring any money, Celina got one, and we shared it. So we watched out lantern fly up and disappear into the sky, while a bunch of people crowded around (for the Caucasians of course, who also got a lantern)

Exploring more, we found fireworks/ "moon sticks" and played around with those for a bit- they were basically sparklers and were really funnn!!
the only thing that was annoying were these three boys who began to throw fireworks at us.

Getting back to the hotel, we stayed as a group and played cards for a good solid hour, fun times.

Love and miss you all,

Michelle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb