Now in Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
September 13th 2016
Published: September 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

image.image.image.

Rosie mesmerised
Today has mainly been a travel day flying from Xi'an to Shanghai. Arrived here at 2.00pm (no delays this time) and made our way into the city (1 hour). As we got closer to the city centre the Shanghai architecture took over the skyline. The city is widely recognised for it's artistic design in terms modern buildings and there are heaps of them. In fact there are over 3000 buildings more than 30 stories high, many of them are strikingly bold and different. As the sun goes down there is a dazzle of elaborate neon art starts up, ever changing and sometimes covering whole sides of buildings. Almost like a permanent fireworks display, very spectacular.
We had a late afternoon cruise on the Huangpu river that runs through the centre of the city and and acts as a main highway for freight and ferry traffic. The river offers a unique view of some of the best inner city architecture although the photos don't capture the enormity of it all.
Shanghai museum tomorrow, shopping and a Shanghai acrobatic show in the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

image.image.
image.

Mostly Kiwis, two Canadians and tour guide at the end
image.image.
image.

Shanghai skyline
image.image.
image.

More skyline


14th September 2016

Sounds like the trip is going well. Great to see some pics - amazing buildings!!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb