Shanghai Expo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Next day we went early to visit the Shanghai Museum as I already mention we saw the same 3 scammers casting their net.

The Museum had lots of stuff. It had lots of old Chinese artefacts such as old coin, fabric, furniture, paintings, ceramics etc.. after a full hour we had only done the first floor and our stomach was starting to complain. It was getting late in the afternoon so we decided to ditch the museum get some lunch and head to the Shanghai Expo. We went into the shopping underneath Remin Park for lunch. We had Japanese Ajinsen noodles it is similar to Wagamama but way better and a lot cheaper. The site was massive, they had buses to take you from one end to the other. Unfortunately we came at the wrong time. The exhibition had finished we were only 2 and a half months late. It is currently a massive demolition site. Only the china pavilion was opened. The security was very thorough there. In China there are Xray scans as almost every transportation depot, trains, airports, buses, and metros. I had forgotten that I had my trusty trademe pocket knife with me. It had managed to get pass all the slack metro security but was found out at the China pavilion. We had to part ways. At least it was put to good use in Ruexing.

That night we went to the Chinese acrobatics at a theatre near our hostel . It was a good show. The closing item involved 7 motorbikes and a spherical cage of death. A lone bike started in the cage going round and round and doing 360s upside down and side to side. They keep adding motorbikes in until all 7 was in there at once. It was very nerve racking and exciting at the same time.

Good Show

Pete and Hannah.



Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



27th January 2011

Arggghh so jealous of you too!! China looks like heaps of fun!!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb