Welcome to Shanghai!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
April 15th 2010
Published: May 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Shanghai!



Before departing Okinawa I wanted to take one more vacation in Asia. After much research to find what country would be the best to visit during mid April to early May, it became apparent that China would be my final destination. Now to choose some travel companions??? That was easy! I invited my parents, sister & brother-in-law, and James. Unfortunately my sister and her husband were busy, but James and my parents accepted.

After arriving in Shanghai, James and I were met by our tour guide Gao (rhymes with "cow") and were escorted to our hotel along with some other Americans, several Canadians, and a South Korean couple. I was stunned by the modernity of the roadway and housing I saw on the hour long ride into the city. To my surprise, I saw Western style houses the entire way...this sure wasn't what I was expecting from Communist China.

Once arriving at the hotel James and I were greeted by my parents. It was great to see both of them since the last time we were together in September 2009. After lots of hugs and the usual introductions, James and I dropped our bags off and then we all went to dinner.

With all the excitement, I was pretty tired so it was early to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb