December 29, 2009


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
December 29th 2009
Published: December 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we started off at the Shanghai Museum, just a short walk from our hotel. We viewed some coins from Genghis Kahn era and some jade that was 5000 years old! Then we toured the Shanghai planning museum where they had a model of the city that you could view from the floor above. It was interesting to see the location of our hotel and the areas we walked through. After a quick lunch at the underground mall we took the subway over to Pudong and went to the observation tower at the Jin Mao building, on the 88th floor!
Although hazy we had some great views over the city. We enjoyed a nice walk along the river to view the Bund and take photos. Since the Bund is under construction we are not able to take that walk! There is construction everywhere in Shanghai as they prepare for Expo 2010. Unfortunately for us it makes for some unattractive views at times and some places are closed for renovation. We then decided to try the Bund sightseeing tunnel, as a way to get back across the river. It was expensive and not exciting at all, if you come to Shanghai I would suggest a ferry or the subway! We then walked back to our hotel via Nanjing Lu, a wide pedestrian shopping street. We need to take that walk again at night as there are many neon signs that were not lit up yet. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts for an afternoon "pick me up" before happy hour at the executive lounge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



31st December 2009

YOUR HOTEL IS BEAUTIFUL. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO WITHOUT THE EXECUTIVE CLUB?? WE CAN'T GET A LOT OF THE PIX. THERE IS A BLACK SPACE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. WE HAVE SAVED EVERYTHING SO WE'LL KEEP TRYING. HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT FLIGHT HOME. XO XO XO

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.15s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb