Shanghai Ocean Aquarium


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: tunnel over escalator 17 secs
2: Seals 21 secs
3: Leah in tunnel 5 secs
4: Leah taking pics in tunnel 9 secs
5: Turtles, sharks and ray 19 secs
6: Ray and shark 13 secs
7: Rays and sharks 12 secs
8: Turtles, rays and Leah 17 secs
Funny face fishFunny face fishFunny face fish

This was probably less than a foot long
After reading about the attractions in Shanghai, I asked Leah what she wanted to do most and she chose the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, so that's where we headed to first on Friday. It was the nicest aquarium I've ever been to, but the one in Kentucky, just across from Cinncinnati is close to it.
There were many unusual creatures that I won't be able to name in the pictures, but there were also many familiar exhibits. The exhibits were set up in sections according to world zones: China, South America, Australia, Africa, Southeast Asia, Cold water, Polar, Sea & Shore and Deep Oceans. There were seals and penguins in large exhibits and what we all enjoyed most were the tunnels, especially the one with the sharks, sea turtles and rays. There was even a tunnel around an escalator going to a lower floor. Unfortunately, as is everywhere, there were lots of people and there were some things we just passed by instead of fighting the crowds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

LionfishLionfish
Lionfish

This was much smaller than the lionfish we see at our aquariums.
turtleturtle
turtle

What a face!
snack shopsnack shop
snack shop

Aquarium snack shop - fish sandwiches, green tea smoothies - we had french fries and egg tarts.


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb