Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
February 5th 2006
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We had a great time in Shanghai. Like any large city, with only seven days one can only catch a glimpse of local life and see the mainstay of the tourist attractions, which is what we did. It was very easy to spend our days zenning around and taking things in. We saw the Bund, Pudong area, people square, Yuyan gardens, the impressive Shanghai Museum, the Art Gallery and the very kitsch sightseeing tunnel to name a few, some photos are below.

My favourate was peoples square, a large open central park which containing the grand theatre, art gallery and museum, and surrounded by Shanghaiese skyscrapers has a captivating atmosphere which has stuck with me. We spent many enjoyable hours just sitting here (some recovering from hangovers) chatting and watching the Chinese.

Chinese New Year (29th Jan this year) was a good laugh, the locals take to the streets with boxes of fireworks and firecrackers resulting in a chaotic but enchanting night of explosions, sights and crowds. We experienced it with the masses overlooking the Pudong area from the Bund whilst munching on roasted chestnuts.




Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb