Dec. 30th


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
January 2nd 2009
Published: January 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today we travel to Shanghai. We had the morning to do more sightseeing and went to the temple of A-Ma dedicated to the godesss of seafarers. It is Macau's oldest Chinese temple with parts of it dating back more than 600 years. There were quite a few people praying there and the incense smoke was thick. They had these huge coils of incense lit all over the place. We also saw the Moorish barracks. We had to catch the ferry to Shenzhen where we were flying out of to Shanghai. When we got to the piers they had changed our boat to a slower one making the ferry ride 1-1/2 hours instead of one. We were already operating on a tight schedule with little time to spare. Our frantic trip from ferry to airport bus to airport terminal and then to check in at Shanghai Airlines was something worthy of the TV show, "The Amazing Race". We made it with about 10 min. to spare. The 2 hour flight to Shanghai was uneventful and the service was great. My brother, Jim, had reps from his company there to meet us with two vans which was a welcome sight. Checked into a first class hotel and then went walking down Nanjing Road which is a major road in downtown Shanghai and is closed off to traffic.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb