Shanghai 2019


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 4th 2019
Published: June 4th 2019
Edit Blog Post

This was our second visit to Shanghai and once again, we made the trip for the Port Adelaide football game which took place on Sunday 2 June at Jiangwan Stadium against St Kilda. The result, a 70 point victory, was most satisfying to the Power fans who had made the trip. Our seats were just to the right of the northern end and we were shaded for about the last three quarters which was great because the weather that day was very warm and sunny.
We are becoming more at ease in this humongous city and this time around we were adventurous in our subway travels and taxi catching. The subway is very easy to negotiate once you get the hang of it and taxis are inexpensive. Fun fact: about ten million people catch the subway every day. I can attest to the fact it sometimes gets quite crowded in those carriages. Shanghai is big, busy, clean (ish) and has some lovely areas which are especially beautiful by night. People are helpful and the city feels very safe. It is well worth visiting.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Dinner Sunday nightDinner Sunday night
Dinner Sunday night

Dream Brewery roof top bar view
Pedestrian mallPedestrian mall
Pedestrian mall

Near our hotel
One street back from the mallOne street back from the mall
One street back from the mall

Old Shanghai still exists
Respite in the parkRespite in the park
Respite in the park

Camphor, sycamore and magnolia trees were splendidly green
Last nightLast night
Last night

Drinks at Beer Lady before we met Chris and Tash (the only people we know in Shanghai) for an amazing Sichuan dinner (Si Chuan Citizen, 2nd floor 378 Wu Kang Road).


4th June 2019
Last night

Great pics
Keep enjoying it Rosemary!

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb