China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 23rd 2018
Published: November 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Spent the morning in Tokyo walking along with the locals on Thanks giving day. Many are celebrating but the streets were active with usual ad to day working sorts. Our 2 hour coach ride to the airport was smooth on this bright clear day, cleared security plane Eastern China Air was on time. Late by the time be arrived in Shanghai, cleared security and arrived at the lovely Courtyard Marriott hotel mid night. Off to tour the city this morning

Shanghai Shang (High) Hai (above the seas) once an agricultural village spans over 1000's of years and closely parallels modern China. Developed during the qing dynasty (1644-1912) as one of Chinas most principal trading posts since the economic reforms of the early 1900's the city has burgeoned to become one of Asia's major financial centers and the worlds busiest container port.

Chinese society was divided into native place associations of provincial guides defended the interest from shared hometowns. They had there own dress codes and subtrades, government was hardy and organized. Instead society was controlled by the native place associations. The Guangdong native place association represents the skilled workers of Shanghai. The city is in two districts Pudong and Puxi divided by the pudongpuxi river.



The Jade Buddha Temple Founded in 1882 with two statues imported from Burma by sea now it is a large temple with four halls. Chamber of four heavenly kings represents four favourable circumstances (The happy place) Grand Hall 3 golden Buddha's Gods of 20 Heavens covered in gold line the eastern and western skies of the grand hall. Jade Buddha Chamber the north chamber for the deceased bringing them quickly to the happy place.

Incense is burnt throughout to chase away evil and bring good health.

China took years between Invasion of Japanese, wars and fighting among the country to finally become the Republic of China and offer a life for it's people beyond poverty. In a short time China has gained wealth and structure and advancement to a prosperous educated country gaining leadership and fellowship with other countries..


Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 23


Advertisement


China License plateChina License plate
China License plate

The symbol represents the province







Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb