Pudong Exploration


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
May 15th 2014
Published: May 15th 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Train tunnel throat
15.5.14



Today I took the Pudong train shuttle under the HUANGPU R. to Pudong, the financial district and modern China. Similar in size to the financial district of HK. Amazing architecture, soaring towers of glass, one building has curves and must reach over 100 levels. At Pudong I found the Chinese tourists, visiting the Jiabao Communications Tower ( once the world's tallest building), an Aquarium and manicured park. It must also have the world's largest pedestrian round about, over 2 football fields in size.

A 9 level shopping mall of exclusive shops, but few customers. Prices seemed greater than home for electrical goods. Apparently there is a sizeable luxury goods tax!

Have found navigating the streets and lane ways of downtown Shanghai ok. Hopefully this directional sense won't desert me.

Went for a test ride to determine the quality of my mechanical skills in putting the bike together. The ride was short and sweet, 6 km neighbourhood circuit. Very busy with vehicles, motorbikes, bicycles and pedestrians everywhere, likes ants in a nest. Guide said traffic would be similar for the three days riding out of Shanghai. Explains why we don't bus it to the outer environs of the city, it stretches for 300+ Kms. We will all need to be vigilant! Bike seemed ok.

Advertisement



15th May 2014

Wow! Busy busy day! Glad to hear that you went for a ride and the bike seems good!! Cannot believe it will be dense traffic for the first three days!!

Tot: 0.413s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb