For all our loyal readers!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
February 2nd 2011
Published: February 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well, it appears we have been rather lax at this blog business, so we apologise profusely. As my Uncle noted, it has been a somewhat hectic few months since we moved over to the 'dark side' of Shanghai....Pudong! We have settled very well, and life is certainly treating us well indeed. The Christmas term at school was beyond manic, and we were all extremely relieved to be jetting off for a relaxing week in Phuket. We chilled, we swam, we sunbathed and Ian took the children wave jumping while I read 2 books.....goodness knows the last time I did that! Already, we are in another holiday, as today is Chinese New Year's Eve. Tomorrow, the Year of the Rabbit begins. I am trying my hardest to think of who we know are rabbits, and have realised that it includes all those who were in my school year, but born before end January. You all need to wear red clothes this year, especially red knickers.....this should make the year full of luck, so we are told!

This holiday, we are simply relaxing and socialising with various friends around and about. And of course, we had William's big 7th birthday yesterday, and it will be Sophie's even bigger 9th birthday on Saturday! Oh, how time flies! As a party, we took them and 2 friends each to see the Walking with Dinosaurs stage show at the former Expo Arena. It was absolutely amazing, and all 6 children were enthralled...and even Daddy too!

Ian continues to work hard on his PGCE and looking forward to the end in April, while I am trying to plan ahead a bit as I know how the next term gets busy. We are very much looking forward to some visitors in the near future....mum arrives next month for her annual trip, and we are taking her to Beijing which should be great! Ben is due to come visiting soon also on his year around the world.

For now, I will endeavour to attach some recent photos of the family and will try not to leave it so long next time.
Xin Nian Kuai Le! (Happy New Year!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



4th February 2011

The Ultimate Tourist
My name is Jennie and i would just like to inform you that there now is a webpage called http://theultimatetourist.com, where tourists around the world finally can get some use out of all the photos they have, posing by different tourist attractions. Here you can choose from over one hundred attractions and typical touristic activities, upload your photos and collect one tourist point for each photo. Reach different levels and everybody over 80 points will become Ultimate Tourists (Remember you have to be in the photos yourself, to prove you were actually there.. :). So if you want to compete with your photos, or just spread the word, go into theultimatetourist.com Swedes are dominating the top 20-list for the moment. Challenge them!

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb