July 16th: Shanghai Week 7


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Huangpu
July 16th 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

July 16th- We visited the counter fit market today. I purchased a beautiful purse and clutch. I tried to get shoes but the lady informed us they didn’t have large sizes. I am on a size 8!

July 17th- We took our second trip to the fabric market. There I bought two suits! I am so excited to get them back and see how they fit. We spent the rest of the day preparing for our SAP presentation. We spend 9 hours on it!

July 18th- Monday was difficult. I found one of my bras missing. Spilled my cereal all over the floor and bought rotten milk. We also had to present our SAP projects which might have been the hardest assignment all semester. Luckily we nailed it! It was very hot in the room and we all started to stink by the end of the day. We ended the day with project briefings before the group heading to our first American restaurant. We had huge burgers and beer and it turn my bad day into a good one.

July 19th- We had a visited to Pratt Whitney in China which is an Eastern Engine Maintenance Center. The site was interesting and the engines where huge! They didn’t let us go near. We stopped in a suburb area in China where we got a great look at what is outside the big city. There was a small river with little shop and restaurants. In the middle of our shopping trip it down poured again. Everyone got soaked and the bus ride home was a bit uncomfortable.

July 20th- Today was another project work day. We Skyped with Peter, which was difficult with the internet situation over here. You don’t relieve how much you rely on the internet until you don’t have access to it.

July 21st- I think I got another bug similar to the one in Rome. Traveling to the bathroom ever two seconds is not fun. We did more shopping today at Zara which we hear so much about. We went out to dinner again. It’s a crazy concept to know it’s cheaper to go out to eat than make it yourself.




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0638s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb