Tea and Tomatoe sauce


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Huangpu
December 5th 2009
Published: December 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We arrived around 8am to a sunny Shanghai. Took some photos of our shiney train then head out, nowhere near as hectic getting out of the station as getting in. I could see people waiting to get through the gate to where i was leaving and all their faces were squished against the gate like captive animals!!
We hoped on the tube just outside the train station and were about 5 stops to People's Square. Directions for our hostel were very vague after this point, almost a pre-requisite to advertise any hostel!!
The huge modern skyscrapers and immense buildings instantly grab you, seemed almost a million miles away from our previous location! Our hostel (Etour Mingtown), was hidden away under one of the best buildings but in a little shadey alley. Spent most of the day with some Tea, our book and planned, nice to chill and just have a chat with some people staying at the hostel.
In the evening we head out for grub and found a little side street with loads of old, traditional restaurants. We found a place but had to stand in the middle of the restaurant with a beer and wait for a table, everyone was staring and was like we were an attraction, all cool though. We got a table finally and asked for a few things that werent available yet i saw them being brought out to other people, STRANGE THAT!! Had some veal, and Laura pork, i asked about some sauce, implying some curry or something but got a saucer of ketchup, funny really but of no use to me!! After was bed time.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb