Chinese New Year Celebrations


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shandong » Weihai
February 3rd 2011
Published: February 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today the children and I walked to the beach which is only a 10-minute walk from our apartment. We were shocked to see so many people out and about. The outdoor amusement park was running even though it is freezing outside. Our walk by the sea was very enjoyable but we were froze by the time we got home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

FireworksFireworks
Fireworks

In China almost everyone purchases commerical-grade fireworks to help celebrate the Chinese New Year. Can you imagine everyone in a city doing this at the same time? Let me tell you--it sounds like you are in the middle of a war!!
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

What you see here is paper that is representative of money. They burn this on the city streets in offering to their dead ancestors.
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

During Chinese New Year you will find these red lanterns all over the city.
Photo 13Photo 13
Photo 13

This bridge is very close to our apartment and offers a nice view of Weihai and the Yellow Sea.
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

Very seldom can we go anywhere without someone wanting to get a photo with the children.
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

The children wanted to walk on the beach even though it was freezing cold. Incidentally there were quite a few others as well doing the same thing!
GavinGavin
Gavin

Gavin having a good time and full of laughter.
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

Hannah playing around with her hair making it look like she got it cut...
Photo 22Photo 22
Photo 22

I love Chinese signs--they just crack me up! This sign I found in Qingdao.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb