14kms +35 degrees + China humidity + crappy bikes + rough brick wall = Hard Work + a sore butt


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
July 23rd 2011
Published: July 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Having knocked the warriors over and with an extra day in Xi'an we didnt realise we had, we headed up the city walls in morning for what we heard was a pleasant ride around the city walls. He hired bikes for 100 minutes which we were told was just enough to get around the 14km of the wall. The ride was the pleasant journey we were told until the rough bricks underneath and the stiffling heat begun to slow our progress. Not to mention the rude teenager standing in front of Dani on the bike ramp leaving her with a rainbow coloured bruise on the inside of her leg and a good reason to whine the rest of the trip! We managed to complete the trip in 90 minutes and felt very accomplished, however with much less money having poured bottles of water into us as fast as the humidity sucked it out not caring how much we had to pay. The view was interesting, a lot of development, neon signs and high rises but also the occasional atmospheric lane or small temple tucked into a corner of the wall. Feeling exhausted we collapsed back at our hostel for some well needed rest before heading out in the early afternoon. The hostel was great, with an aircon wifi cafe...although hanging out there also meant having to listen to the one loud obnoxious American that gives the rest a bad name!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb