Shanghai to Xian Via Nanjing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
January 28th 2011
Published: January 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Shanghai to Nanjing to Xian


This is going to be a short blog, more like a photo blog which i prefer.
We are currently staying in a nice Hostel in Xi'an call Han Tan Inn Hostel. We go here around 3pm today. Then went for a walk around the muslin quarter where they had alot of street food.

So after we left Shanghai we went to Nanjing on the bullet train (reach 318km/hr max) for two nights, mainly because i wanted to see "The Memorial Hall of the Victims in Nanjing Massacre by Japanese Invaders". It is a beautiful piece of modern architecture. The content inside took you through a journey telling you the story of the Massacre of Nanjing (aka the rape of Nanjing) during 1937 just prior to WWII. There were apparently 300000 victims. The hall is one of the sites of the mass graves which you can visit.

So we stayed in Nanjing for 2 nights. Visited the Memorial hall, looked at the closed city wall gate (for renovation?) and explored the area around the Confucius Temple. We had strawberry glazed candy sticks and meat sticks every night. Yum yum. It snowed on the 27th and 28th which a nice change of scenery.

Today we flew to Xian from Nanjing on Capital Airlines, the flight took 1hr 50min. There is no metro system in Xian and the airport is very far away from the centre so we got the hostel to organise our ride here.

Tonight we went to the dumplings party at the hostel, the organisers taught us how to make the dumplings, we each made a whole bunch and more importantly ate them. :-) I think i'll make a good dumplings folder.

Tomorrow we have booked a tour to go see the Terracotta warriors. They need a min of 5 for the tour to go ahead so far there are 4 confirmed and 2 interested hopefully it goes ahead.

Anyway go to go to bed. Enjoy the photos

Pete and Hannah






Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Closed wall gateClosed wall gate
Closed wall gate

Nanjing is a walled city


Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb