Bruce and Luke report on our first full day in Dalian!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning
July 24th 2013
Published: July 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Bruce:

Today was day one of the China 2013 Root-Seeking Summer Camp. We were to wake up at 7:30 for breakfast and then had some free time. We were also given a schedule of what we’d be doing and what everyday routines would be. Unfortunately, jetlag makes working and concentrating on things like papercutting difficult but it was still entertaining none the less. We had large amounts of spare time today which we spent socializing and shopping for things like detergent and food. I’m looking forward to the next 2 weeks of this.



Luke:

Our trip to China started off with a thirteen hour long trip from Toronto to Beijing. However, our trip was not finished yet as we still had to fly from Beijing to Dalian. Sadly, when we arrived at the Beijing Airport we found out that our original plane had been delayed and book a new one to avoid waiting for a long time. After the strenuous trip we were happy to finally arrive at our hotel in Dalian. The first day of camp was full of introductions and ceremonies: we were introduced to our camp T-shirt, classrooms, and fellow campers. Following the introductions was a opening ceremony for the “Root-Seeking Summer Camp.” After a while of free time we went to a mall near the hotel. I wish I could tell you what happened next but I fell quickly fell asleep due to jetlag.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb