a day in JiangXi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangxi
April 5th 2005
Published: June 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

JiangXi
05/04/05

Eager to get closer to the minority area, so I left Fujian into JiangXi province, the journey rolled over well paved highway, it took less than 4 hours for more than 200km and delivered me in GanZhou, a big and confused city which can date back to the War-state period, an important military strategic place in that time, here you still can see part of the city wall and gates, of course it had been rebuild! there are some more historic interest and couple of temple, a cave that you can visit, but I am more interest in the floating bridge which was there since ancient time, of course again... rebuild! it was laid with wooden plates which supported by many wooden boats. every morning at 9 they will open up part of the bridge for ships to pass through. still it is the popular foot bridge for the local. looking back for the last week. I had went through different state and region, but there wasn't much change in life style, culture, food look the same here as in Fujian or Canton, although language was different but I could not tell. scenery change a little while in the hill area of Fujian, otherwise... it was all like typical chinese town or highway scene. tomorrow I will press on into HuNan province, see is there something new. one thing I did know they eat very spicy there!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.1348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb