#12 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College-End of Term Farewells


Advertisement
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou
June 16th 2006
Published: October 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

My first term/semester at Taizhou Teachers College has simply flown by! It’s been an amazing experience and I have met some of the loveliest young people you could ever wish to meet. It is time to say “Good bye and catch you next year”. For my students, it’s just the end of the first chapter, so to speak, as they have yet to sit their term final exams for all other subjects. Some are also ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

JayonJayon
Jayon

Jayon (Ji Lei) a sincere and thoughtful young man was amongst my shyest of students at the beginning of the semester.
Bories & RickyBories & Ricky
Bories & Ricky

English is not really Bories'(Yi Ji Peng's)cup of tea, but he is the very active head of the student union and coordinates a number of student activities around the campus. Ricky on the other hand would be just as much at home helping on his parents farm but he firmly believes that "Every generation must strive to live better than the last"
AllanAllan
Allan

Allan (Cheng Peng) will be an inspiring and motivated teacher. He ardently believes in what he views as less traditional ways of teaching, and already has been teaching phonetics to primary school students on weekends for about one year. He takes every opportunity to practice his English and it definately pays off. He has a passion for Shakespeare, especially Shakespearean sonnets.
SuairSuair
Suair

Suair (Gao Rong) had a bumpy start to the semester, but managed to turn himself around in the end. He is an avid basketball player and is a member of the Foreign Language Department team, The Rockets. Come on, how about a smile, Suair?!
042 Girls042 Girls
042 Girls

Another of my Friday classes, it was always lots of fun with these lovely folk.. From playing "air keyboards" (don't ask!) to "serious" discussions, it was always stimulating. They were also the winners of the Foreign Language Festival Drama Competition with a modern adaptation of Cinderella.
SundySundy
Sundy

Sundy (Xu Jun Jun) was our photographer in the previous photo and the only male to show for the "photo shoot"! After a rather hesitant beginning, he became one of my most committed male students and worked hard to improve his English in every way.
ToddyToddy
Toddy

Toddy (Yui Zheng Zhong)was my most avid e-journal writer and a very active member in class as well. He's also a member of the Rockets basketball team along with his classmate Dennis (Zhou Qianghua). The two of them often play outside matches against other colleges on the weekends.
RobRob
Rob

The not so smiley face behind the mask in an earlier blog. As previously stated, my strongest memories of Rob will be of his hilarious "ham" acting during our role-plays.
Kate & YangKate & Yang
Kate & Yang

Kate (Sheng Xiaodan) and Yang (Luan Ying)are best of friends. I rather like the clever choice of "English" name for Yang. Can you spot it?
AnsonAnson
Anson

Anson (Hou Yao) was a likeable young man, but needed a bit of encouragement to be involved in any discussions.
ZenZen
Zen

Zen (Zhang Chao) was incredibly shy in class. Who would have thought he would be our rap champion and win third prize in the English Song Competition?
Tank & LeoTank & Leo
Tank & Leo

Tank (Ji Tuankuang)was a quiet worker in class but surprised me with his thought provoking journals. Leo (Zhou Xiao lu) was also a quiet class worker, but wowed us with his gorgeous voice in the English Song Competition.
Paul and RobPaul and Rob
Paul and Rob

Paul(Yang Yin) and Rob(Xu Min) were relaxed and affable students.
ArmaniArmani
Armani

My hat goes off to Armani(Su Jie zhi) who has returned to college after a number of years in the workforce. He's one of only three gentleman in my Business English class. It must be a struggle to try and adjust to the highly structured way of life in the college after being "outside" as the students call it for all those years. We have more in depth discussions when we can together with his good friend Allan (Cheng Peng).
Jason & JosephJason & Joseph
Jason & Joseph

Jason (Cai Jin Sheng) and Joseph (Diao Yijia) are the remaining two gentlemen from my Business English class. Jason is an easy going and very friendly young man who has made very pleasing progress this semester. Joseph is a very sincere if very serious young man who aspires to be a policeman. He believes strongly in helping people and feels being a policeman is the best way to do that.
PatsyPatsy
Patsy

Patsy (Wu Hai yan) was the ever reliable class monitor who always kept me well informed as to the college goings on.
JodyJody
Jody

Jody (Jiao An) is yet another songstress. I am truly blown away by the depth of talent in my students.
Paige and KyliePaige and Kylie
Paige and Kylie

Paige (Lu huan) also wowed us by singing some Beijing Opera taught to her by her mother when she was a small child. Kylie is perhaps the youngest of the Business English ladies and is one of the most enthusiastic contributors in class.



4th October 2006

haha! interesting!
4th October 2006

Blending
Well Treadie I was wondering where you were in the photos your hair is the same colour as theirs and you blend in.:-) Ha! a hair joke :-)
12th September 2011

S u r p r i s e
. . . for me - to click GOOGLE sometimes . . . to get to KNOW . . . Love + Life behind the Horizon . . . # CONGRATULATIONs - n o w I understand much better, all your Tendencies for China etc etc . - GOOD LUCK a l w a y s with that little EXTRA - Love from Gee McKay #

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb