Friday November 30


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Xinhua
June 18th 2008
Published: June 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Only had one class today (8am-8:40am) the other class scheduled was canceled due to some teachers from all over Jiangsu province coming to visit the school. Ben only had one class as well, but later in the morning.
On his way home he picked up a fruit kabob that they sell outside of the school at lunch time…wasn’t too bad.

Mr. Yang (English teacher that has been in charge of us) invited us out to dinner with two of his students (grade 12 girls) at a hot pot restaurant. Hot Pot is basically a burner in the middle of the table with a big pot on it that is divided in two…one part is mild broth and one part is spicy broth. You order meats and veggies and then put them in to cook and take what you’d like. You end the meal with some rice. It was very good, very filling like all Chinese meals here. Keeps you very warm as well so it’s nice on cold nights.

The girls were really sweet and they asked lots of questions about Canada and our lives. They offered to help us out in Xinghua. They came over to our place and tried out the karaoke game and looked at our pictures. They even gave us Chinese names, mine is Feng Ye 枫叶 which means “maple leaf” and Ben’s is Han sen 汉森 which means “handsome”

We survived our first week teaching, but our computer STILL isn’t fixed yet!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb