#112 Teaching at Taizhou Teachers College, China ( Lantern Festival or Yuanxiao Festival )


Advertisement
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Taizhou » Taizhou University
January 19th 2009
Published: January 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

In China, the preparations for the Spring Festival (2009), in anticipation for the "Year of the Ox", are nearly completed. This year it falls on January 25th. Our excited students, teachers and staff from Taizhou Teachers College are heading home, to spend this "most important festival" in China with their families and their friends. Another group, an army of migrant workers, are also returnin... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 1, You remember my two friends. After walking the city of Taizhou, we are now on the way to the school for the deaf children.
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 2, The children are so happy to see them. My friends are regular volunteers, and I am so proud of both for their efforts with these special children.
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 3, The surroundings are simple, but the faces of these deaf children are filled with great joy.
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 4, My gifts were small, but the smiles on the children became my larger gift.
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 5, I want to make sure to see these wonderful faces again.
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3PHOTO JOURNEY # 3
PHOTO JOURNEY # 3

Picture 6, Take a closer look at the most innocent and fragile among us in the following few photos.
Happy Lantern FestivalHappy Lantern Festival
Happy Lantern Festival

To my friends in China: I wish you all a wonderful time with your family and your friends during these special days.
Happy Lantern FestivalHappy Lantern Festival
Happy Lantern Festival

To my family and my friends around the world: Happy Lantern Festival to each of you from Taizhou, Jiangsu, China.



19th January 2009

Thx for sharing.You know something we chinese don't know,really knowledgeable a blog.Good work!
19th January 2009

wow
Hey Schneider I hadnt written in a while but everytime i see your blog and your pictures it makes me feel so happy I met you. You really are making a wonderful thing of your time over there...seems like a lot more worth than being in a high school classroom in miami. I think it's wonderful how you still keep this blog updated with so many pictures and stories for it. I wish you all the best this 2009 and you look great by the way Hugs and kisses Maria Mustelier (your student from....a couple of years ago)
20th January 2009

It was a great experience in Taizhou in China, right? I am glad to share your pictures and special experiences. Would you stay in Taizhou to enjoy the Spring Festival?
21st January 2009

Hi Hans, in every enty, you post a lot of Great photos and show your Great Kindness. Yes, the world would be much better if everyone in the world shows his/her love or kindness to the others.
23rd January 2009

Moving Pics
Look at these angels who live in a worid without any sounds! They are so cute! I long for making a simple conversation with them, coz i acquired Chinese finger language.
30th January 2009

The lantern festival starts from the 13th and ends on the 18th January of the lunar calendar. Shapes of rabbit, lotus flower or phonix are most common. Embracing the cold and dragging their lanterns lit with candles in the streets at night is a great joy for the children. The unforgetable pictures were those made in our own hands when we were so poor to buy a single one! They were so beautiful and unique. The sticky rice balls was a yearly once-only treat, only we could patiently wait on the queue for the rice to be pounded in a stone mortar. Life has changed so much for better now, thanks for Lord!
30th January 2009

Hope the disabled children will face better future.
2nd February 2009

???
i can't contact with you by e-mail address you gave me!
19th February 2009

Hello from gables class of 94
Herr Schneider, Someone mentioned your name on Facebook a couple of weeks ago, and we have all been wondering; what's going on with our favorite teacher from Gables? It is so wonderful to see you are very doing well.
1st March 2009

lantern festival 2009
Many thanks for sharing. You are true witness of modern China. Here in EU we complain when we have to wait for 15mn to buy a ticket!!! But we are not free any more to sell whatever we like wherever we like...

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.089s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb