Suzhou Museum


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Suzhou
January 8th 2009
Published: January 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Suzhou Museum

The Suzhou Museum is a unique museum. The exhibitions and artifacts are not the only draw. The architectural design of the museum draws many visitors from around the world. Designed by world famous architect Leoh Ming Pei, one of the foremost architects in the world, the museum’s architecture is as much of a draw as the artifacts they hold. Born in Suzhou, the architect wanted to blend modern and ancient Suzhou garden architecture in the museum's design. Every hall, windows and room was built to incorporate nature, and natural light. Since the museum does not have a huge number of artifacts on display, each room is beautifully laid out and spacious. The huge courtyard in the center of the museum complex looks like a modern version of an ancient Suzhou garden water feature. The items on display are exquisite and all of the labels are written in Chinese and English. Granted the museum doesn't have a huge amount of artifacts on display, but what it has is amazing. If you visit this museum take the time to look around at the building as well as the exhibitions.

Ticket Price:
Free
Time Needed:
1.5-2.5 hours
Hours of Operation:
9:00-5:00
Location:
Dongbei Street, Suzhou

In September 2008 I was sent on an inspection tour with China Odyssey Tours. I am the Marketing Manager of China Odyssey Tours. No one is told that I work for the company, and since I am a foreigner I can experience a tour the way our customers do. That way I get the real experience without any VIP treatment. I check on the sites, hotels, restaurants, and guides to ensure that they all meet our rigid quality guidelines.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb