3rd day in Suzhou, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Suzhou
October 27th 2005
Published: October 28th 2005
Edit Blog Post

An example of Fine Sewing -"ci xiu"An example of Fine Sewing -"ci xiu"An example of Fine Sewing -"ci xiu"

a framed pix of "ci xiu" in action with Ruo Shuang in the pix
The girls had lessons in the morning and an interesting session of learning the art of sewing from a master - the trick of sewing it right is that they have to look beautiful both upside and down as well...Ruo Shuang thot she did a good job until her buddy pointed out to her...hmmmt the underside needs to be just as nice 😊 A tough job for our nygh gal!

U can see a sample in the pix below - but remember these are professionally sewn...

Night time - some of our girls were given a treat to crabs - it being the season to eat crabs in Suzhou now..

More pix of the girls with their foster parents...cosy, comfortable and well taken care of...in fact many of them felt very happy that they can have an "additional daughter" during this time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ruo Shuang and her buddyRuo Shuang and her buddy
Ruo Shuang and her buddy

the irrespressible Ruo Shuang who makes everyone happy with her jokes :)
not bad - a well kept roomnot bad - a well kept room
not bad - a well kept room

denyse kept her room neat n tidy despite the last minute "tu ji jian cha" by me!
talent spottedtalent spotted
talent spotted

one of our buddies showed off his "er-hu" skills to our girl..during our home visit...He has been to Hwa Chong Institution for a two week stay.
the captive audiencethe captive audience
the captive audience

can u spot our nanyang girl in the pix?
Szu AnSzu An
Szu An

Szu An's host family is very much into psychology..the dad is a pyschology lecturer in Suzhou Uni and has given some talks to the school
A gift from the heartA gift from the heart
A gift from the heart

Szu An brought a piece of chinese art with her as present to her host family! U can see the nice calligraphy in this pix.


28th October 2005

Thanks for showing pics
I am so happy to see my 307 girls! Ruo Shuang, you are a blessing! and Denyse and Szu Ann, you look so happy! I just had a nice chat with Pei Yi's mom. Thanks, Pin Lay, for sharing your fun with us. Remember to get some pretty lace works while you are there. No, not for me...I already have some. For your moms!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb