Fishing.... In china.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Nanjing
March 4th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 32.05, 118.78

Well Matthew loves Fishing.... So why not go fishing in China.
We followed our drivers father-in-law to the fishing place.
The weather wasn't the best. It was drizzling and over cast and a little cold. Normal Nanjing Weather.
We headed towards the Yanksee River. We then turned off the freeway and down a very narrow down slopping street only big enough to fit one car. Ahhh... Scarey.

We traveled down the road for a bit. Until we came to the end. There we found two huge concrete square pools. We jumped out of the car and stepped into puddles of mud..... Good start...
We got our fishing rods and bait and off we went. The fishing poles where a very long bamboo pole with fishing line attached to it. You had to put the worm on the hook.... Luca's job. Then you just swung the back and forth and then let the hook fall onto the water. Then you wait....

We waited and waited. Serena got the first bite. Yes, Fish Number 1.
Then Li our driver caught another. Yeh, Fish Number 2.
Luca managed to hook a fish from it's top fin..... It got away...
But all the Chinese said that he was very lucky.


It was lunch time.... Li's father-in-law said that we could go to his house and his wife will cook the fish for us.... Ok... This could be interesting. Eating in a real Chinese house....

This is very rare. Not many westerns are invited into Chinese homes. So we are very, very lucky.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Pretty viewPretty view
Pretty view

This was on the other side of the river. There is rubbish everywhere,


3rd April 2012

That looks like fun but the water looks very still! Obviously the fish must have tasted good and you are still around to tell the story. The adventures continue!! love the deheus x x
5th April 2012

Would like to taste it !
6th April 2012

Wow Tania u must been special to have been invited to their house ... Fish looks interesting ... How was it!?

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0328s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb