Trekking Over China...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Danyang
July 23rd 2009
Published: July 23rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Summer Vacation Week One


Check out the map above. We are using it to show our travel plans starting from our home city, DanYang, and then four to five weeks of trains, planes, taxis, trikes, and just plain walking.

Itinerary

Zhenjiang (Jiangsu Province)
From our city, DanYang, we are starting with a fast train to Zhenjiang (because DanYang is so small we can't get to our first stop, Jinan, from here). Then we hop on another train that travels all night and Friday morning we will be arriving in Jinan.

Jinan (Shandong/Henan Province)
Only in Jinan for a few hours but we are coming back in a few days to see the city, we then hop on a fast train for four hours to the home of the best Chinese Beer Festival in the country - Qingdao (pronounced Cheeng-dow), and also spelled Tsingtao, which is what most of you would recognize from your sushi restaurants.

From Qingdao we back track on trains through Jinan and then back to Zhenjiang to catch the fast train to what used to be the capital of China, Xi'an.

Xi'an (Shaanxi Province)
We have been to Xi'an before and love this city. Last time we were here we spent an afternoon biking around the old city on top of the wall that surrounds it - great fun! We also had a few too many beers at Charlie's Bar and sat and relaxed and listened to Charlie and his friend sing us English songs on his acoustic guitar. Charlie took requests and actually knows Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven.

From Xi'an we are foregoing the fast trains and instead, catching our first flight since arriving in Shanghai seven months ago. Flying a few hours from Xi'an up to one of the highest cities in the world, Lhasa, Tibet.

Lhasa (Tibet)
In Lhasa we are joining a small group tour, Access Tibet Tours, and spending eight days trekking around Lhasa including three of those days driving/walking up to the base camp of Mt. Everest. After we return we are spending one last day in Lhasa before climbing on the infamous Tibet Railway for a three day train ride to Chengdu.

Chengdu (Sichuan Province)
Once in Chengdu there is much to see. After a day or two here we are heading to a larger, neighboring city, Chongqing.

Chongqing (Sichuan Province)
Chongqing also offer lots of history...

Jenny hasn't mapped out the rest of our time because I keep interrupting her...😊





Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 13; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0793s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb