Day 5 Changsha


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan
April 21st 2015
Published: April 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a restless night on the train we woke at about 6.30ish and packed up ready to depart.

Once we arrived at the train station and headed out I suddenly saw a little man waving at us, it was Marcus, yah we done it.

After Claire gave him the biggest hug he marched us away from the station and flagged down a taxi driver an we headed of towards Marcus school.

That was an interesting drive, I think he was at the end of a long night shift, whilst travelling along he started slapping himself round the back of his neck, hanging out the window and splashing water on his face and at one point he actually nodded off at a set of traffic lights but in spite of this we get her safe.

We jumped our of the taxi and off we went straight into Marcus first lesson of the day, what a reception, our ear drums nearly burst it was great.

We sat in at the back of the lesson which was amazing, the only sad thing was the pupils didn't have time to have a chat with us.

Once the lesson was over Marcus let us into his room to freshen up whilst he finished his lessons, and that is were we are for today.

Once Marcus finishes we will be heading off to Zangjiajie.

We headed out from Marcus to a local restaurant where Marcus ordered several dishes to eat, some that turned up weren't quite what Marcus had ordered but it was all good, I guess it was just lost in translation.

From there it was a bus and a tube journey to the main bus station where we purchased our bus tickets and then stood watching life go by whilst waiting for the bus to turn up.

Once on the bus there was people coming round selling different food then suddenly we were off.

After about a four hour bus trip we were in Zangjiajie and soon at our hotel.

A quick drop off of the bags, out the door and into a taxi to downtown Zangjiajie for a few drinks.

Whilst sat having a drink we had wood ear mushroom, wax gourd and bamboo all of which had a kick to it.

Once we finished at the bar we grabbed something to eat quickly and thought we would grab a taxi back to the hotel, there is nothing like a taxi driver who doesn't know where he is going and has to stop and ask for directions and even call the hotel to find out where they are, but to be honest it's all part of the fun.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.247s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb