Another Freebie


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Shaoyang
May 25th 2013
Published: May 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Seems like forever since I've done a blog.

So got a call from our foreign affairs department asking if we'd like to go on a trip to Luoxi national park in Dongkou county courtesy of the local government. Well obviously we said yes.



Set off from Shaoyang at around 3pm Friday afternoon on a 2 1/2 hour trip from Shaoyang to Dongkou. The journey did take a little bit longer as we came across a lorry stuck across the road so we had to wait an hour or so for the lorry to get cleared but it was a good opportunity for us to get off the bus and to get to know each other.

Up early Saturday morning for breakfast then we headed off up into the mountains. The roads were up to the usual rural standard, very bumpy, so it was a relief to get off the bus and to go for a walk down a ravine to see some beautiful scenery and waterfalls. We then got back on the bus and was taken to a large lake where we got on some very noisy boats and went for a ride around. To be honest I've no idea why, it wasn't interesting and the noise from the boat made it a little difficult to talk to each other, but hey it's free!

Back to our hotel for lunch and then back to Shaoyang.

It was good to meet some other foreigners and to swap stories and experiences and also to say good-bye to the boss of the bureau of foreign affairs as he will be retiring in a couple of days.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless
//


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th May 2013
IMG_7330

Che cariniii
Che carini che sieteeeeee :) :)

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb