BBQ Mayhem


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » ChangSha
April 9th 2009
Published: May 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Just a few pictures from a BBQ we had a few weeks back. Our students on the Australian programme finished their exams, so we went to the Botanical Gardens to have a BBQ and see the cherry blossom.

Most of my teaching this year, especially Maths teaching, has been centred around these students, so it was nice to see them off. The teaching load has reduced since then which has also been a relief.

Seeing the chinese version of a BBQ was interesting. Rather than the organised manner of a western BBQ, this was is more of a complete free-for-all. Skewers everywhere, things getting burned (food or fingers) - generally complete carnage. All good fun but they're going to have to practise their BBQing skills for Oz.

Only a few more weeks left of actual teaching now. Planning a month or two of travel around China and beyond, and am then lined up to do a PGCE in Bath this September. So hopefully should be able to catch up with some of you soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Norman and WayneNorman and Wayne
Norman and Wayne

No they're not. But great photo.
Cherry BlossomCherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom

You can't see it very clearly here, but this is the 'famous' cherry blossom.


10th April 2010

OMG...nice photos...i am impressed for getting special comments...that's cool,mate...

Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb