Health and Safety


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Wuhan
May 17th 2012
Published: May 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The Chinese are hyperchondriacs. There, I said it. I thought I was bad, but these lot take it to a whole new level. Students pass comment on everything I do, "Cold water is bad for your stomach" "Warm water is bad for your stomach" "Milk has too many additives" etc etc. They never shut up about their bloody health.

You have to pay for healthcare in China, nothing is free like the good ol NHS. The most Communist country in the world and they don't have free Healthcare, nuts. And they are also incredibly tight, everything is 'sooooo expensive' so those two fears added together, "I might get ill, and it's gonna cost me" So they are forever convinced that they are at death's door.

So you may think that the Chinese take their safety as seriously as they take their health? No, they couldn't give a sh*t about safety. No motorcyclist wears a helmet, taxi drivers are like drunk rally drivers, people walk in the middle of the motorways with their carts, and 'One way roads' are purely a guide.

So when a knob on a moped crashes into an articulated lorry and smashes his brain like a burst watermelon, at least his stomach is healthy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0701s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb