Yangtze river - 3 gorges dam


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hubei » Three Gorges Dam
May 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Yang Tze river, the biggest river of China, almost crossing the entire China from west to east ending in the ocean, and there is the famous three gorges, cliffs of 200 meters high protecting the river, impressive scene travelling by the river, there is a mistery of the coffins, around the river you can see the suspensed coffin into the cliff at higher part, nobody knows how they put the coffins there in the hundreds years ago.
Another sight there is the Three gorges dam, the biggest one in the world for the electric power, but the construction cost more than financial resource, the river level increased 100 meters because of the dam, so many historical towns are under water, also the famous south silk road or "old path for teas and horses", the path made around the river into the wall, it was using for cargo transportation. The Chinese government tried to save some historical towns, removing all the town before and rebuild on the highest point for the visitors, it is not the same, but it is what remains now, the construction of the dam is very important for the power generating, but it brings a lot of the losses for the people, the enviroment and history...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1094s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb