Continuation of Never a Dull Moment - The Saga of the Visas


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Henan
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So Muriel wanted to know what happened to the visas and the money.

Well the money problem was to plague us all the way home. We were using Megan's credit card while there, which only had a $400.00 credit limit. We had to make payments on it more than once and payments were posted slowly! We ended up getting enough money to shop our last day in Beijing, but left Beijing and arrived in America penniless!

Now about the visas. We reported to immigration Monday the 4th about 9am. Our nice immigration officer was there. We entered the building and went to sit down. He motioned us to come over to his station and then further down the counter. Uh oh, why were we going down there?! It worried me, but he had our visas! Yeah! However he did question us about our trip to another county - you know the amazing adventure (pictures for that not posted yet, but coming soon). Where had we gone? Well I couldn't pronounce the name of the town, but I had it on a piece of paper and showed it to him. He then asked why we went there. I told him to visit friends. American friends? No Chinese friends. He seemed satisfied by this and we were set with visas and on our way!

The scary part about this is how did he know we left the county? We know they keep a close watch on us, but that gave us an insight as to how close!

And that's the rest of the story!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb