Guangzhou to Zhaoxing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Zhaoxing
April 12th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Waking up at a decent hour we packed up and headed to the bus station on the train. We bought three tickets to Zhaoxing and hopped onto the 1.30 bus. After a few hours on the bus we were dropped off in another strange city and quickly set about getting lost. Success!! The bus station we were dropped off at was not the one we thought it was and so our careful wandering was all in vain. This would be the moment when the light rain that had been hounding us decided to become a torrential downpour. Stopping at a ceramic shop we attempted to ask for directions. This too did not help us! We waited for a while under the shop for the rain to stop but it just got heavier and heavier. Then the lightning started and continue for ages. We all got a bit of a shock when the lightning struck the building next to us, setting off all the car alarms on the street and leaving us thankful we were't standing in the river that used to be a street. Coaxing Mark out from under the desk was quite hard but we managed it! When the rain eased for a bit we walked to the bank only to be told we were nowhere near where we thought we were and it was a 5km hike to the hotel. Taxi please! arriving at the hotel the rain had continued and we all piled out only to be told there was no rooms. A long run through the rain whilst Dale watched the bags and we found a hotel which had a room. Mark and I then ran back through the rain and picked up the bags before jogging back to the hotel. Very soggy and tired we collapsed into our room and waited for the rain to stop.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0949s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb