Visiting a Living Museum


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guizhou » Zhaoxing
August 2nd 2019
Published: August 2nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Up early and breakfast, sweet bean steamed bun and banana fritters, on the hoof as we headed east out of ZhaoXing to Tang'An. It's about 10 kms up a fairly steep road, or you can take the bus 10 rmb each way, which winds its way through some spectacular rice terraces. The views as we got higher and higher were just wonderful. We did end up having a slight divertion ending up in the village of XiaGe but as luck would have it there was a tourist pathway leading up to Tang'An this time up some rather steep steps. I was rather out of breath when I got to the village so I had a little sit down and watched the little kids playing.

Tang'An is very much a working farming village with people busy in the rice paddies and fields. Dong people are very friendly and were very welcoming with one old man making sure that I sat down next to him under the drum tower.

I looked around this amazing higgledy-piggledy village which has been classed a living museum. The views from above the village were worth all the hard walk up to it.

We walked back down to the main road and took the bus back to Zhaoxing. After a spot of lunch we had planned to go and find some other villages but for the first itme since we've been travelling the heavens opened so we thought better of it.

ZhaoXing is rather disappointing because of all the people and the usual tourist shops. But the walk to Tang'An through the rice terraces really made up for the overpriced food and masses of people.

Enjoy the Photos

JAH BLESS


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb