Pretty scenery in Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
September 17th 2014
Published: September 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Yangshuo after a scary bus ride, where the driver seemed intent on overtaking everything, regardless of what was coming the other way, on a very bumpy road. We also discovered that the Chinese way to deal with telephone lines down across the road is the driving equivalent of a scrum to be first to have a man climb on the vehicle to pass them over...



Anyway, once here we discovered that the weird-shaped karst scenery is really spectacular. Yangshuo itself is quite touristy, in an oddly Western way (it really doesn't feel like China), but it's surrounded by limestone peaks on either side of the Li river - in our first afternoon we climbed up a couple of them for the view.



Today we went cycling, first to moon hill, a mountain with amazing views - we climbed to the top - and then along little country tracks with rice paddies and lovely scenery. The weather changed during the afternoon from lovely sunshine to a massive downpour, and we got absolutely soaked on the way back to Yangshuo!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb