Last days in China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
July 19th 2012
Published: July 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our last days in China, before leaving for Hong Kong was spent just relaxing and soaking up the atmosphere. We had a absolutely great time so far. This is for sure not the best time to travel in China, since the temperature barely goes down to 28 degrees. But besides that, it is an awesome place to see. Language can be challenging some times, so patience is needed and a good semse of humour added, makes for some interesting days. Make sure you get a aircon room to sleep in, and drink plenty of fluids, and it is plane sailing.

We left for Hong Kong very early in the morning, so had to get up at 4 am to catch the taxi ride of 90 km to the airport. Our plane left at 8 am for Shenzen (a border town where we got a bus to Hong Kong). First we had to go through the customs area, and here it felt like 9 million chinese going to hong kong. It took us almost 2 hours to get past this area. Flights are much cheaper than going straight to Hong Kong, but you have to put up with the hassle. We reached our guesthouse in Hong Kong by about 2 pm and just dropped the bags to get some lunch.

Hong Kong is definately not china. Everything is much more expensive, more organized, more cleaner, and everyone drives on the leftside off the road now. We will spend the next few days here before leaving. Back to life, back to reality.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



20th July 2012

geniet hong kong!
geniet hong kong! dit het vir my soos huis gevoel toe ek daar land na taiwan -geniet jul laaste paar dae! Z
20th July 2012

Lyk of great was!
Joe dit het alles so nice gelyk en was interressant om jul reis mee te maak. Julle moet jul laaste dae geniet, soos jy sĂȘ: Een vd dae back to reality ha ha........
20th July 2012

A nice trip! Even though HK is one of the most developed cities on this planet, it (and Singapore for that matter) is in fact quintessentially China: same people, same culture, same customs, same value, same society... just more developed and has better rule of law. China is too huge to be compared to HK (actually HK central where we are). China on average is less developed yet still has increasingly some pockets of places that are directly comparable to HK & Singapore in terms of price tag, orderness and cleaness. You just haven\'t visited those. Good lucky with the rest of HK travel, just try to avoid the Chungking Mansion area of cheap and filthy hostels which is quintessentially India indeed run by Indians.

Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb