Golden Sh-tstorm Week


Advertisement
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
December 18th 2008
Published: December 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Every time the bus struggles to a reasonable start, the driver crunches around in a vain attempt to change gear, and we whimper to a halt. One too many for some of the passengers, who’ve been pleading with the driver to let them off for the last fifteen minutes, and are now practically forcing the door open. After depositing them on the side of the road, the bus staggers on up the hill, the dr... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

detaildetail
detail

Chengyang
thumbs upthumbs up
thumbs up

Chengyang
Kiva and DaddyKiva and Daddy
Kiva and Daddy

Yulong River



21st December 2008

^_^
Nice pictures taken !!! Keep up all the good work
21st December 2008

Stunning photos as always! That is one adventurous kid you have - nice to see someone starting on their travels so early in life!!
21st December 2008

benevolence?
I like to believe there's a long lost human being behind every pair of bureaucratic eyebrows!
23rd December 2008

Longji....
Are this really your pictures? We were there last week as well... and it was not green at all, the were filling the rice terraces with water and it was all dry... Mmmmm... Very strange isn't it?.. Enjoy travelling..
23rd December 2008

There is a clue cleverly hidden in the title!
The "National Day Golden Week" begins on October 1st...and if you look closely some of the rice terraces are not only green but golden;-)
24th December 2008

I am a Chinese native. Really nice photos better than the calendar pictures I saw growing up. Got visit Guilin on my next trip to China.
24th December 2008

Enjoy your travel
Alike every girl wish to find a sugary daddy but not everyone succeed. There is nothing wrong to expect the greenlight, however approval or not should in line with the regulaiton. In your case, it has nothing to do with bureaucratic at all. Should you prepared in advance,the extra 3 days loging cost will save and bitter ticket buying experience will vapored accordingly. Traveling is finding something different, wherever you are, whatever it is. The less your complaint about, the more easier your journey will be and of course more happiness you will find. Nice shooting and cute baby.
28th December 2008

Kiva is exposed to a lot of dangers on the road but if I were Kiva, I would not have it any other way. You are one gutsy couple and I admire you and your adventures. Stay safe and keep us up to date with your travel.
29th December 2008

Kiva
Kiva is such a cutie ! As a parent, I wouldn't contemplate of taking my children on the road at an early age for countless reasons. You really are gutsy first-time parents for doing so. Just a friendly advice, I wouldn't hang toys around Grumpy Bear's neck if I were you as it can get caught onto something and.... (let's say freak accidents happen.)....knock on wood. Anyway, impressive photos you got there !
30th December 2008

Grumpy bear
Thanks for your concern - those 'toys' are traditional handmade keepsakes the Dong sell to Chinese tourists in Chengyang. Par for the course, the tourists kept giving them to Kiva, despite our refusals. He didn't really take to them as you can see, and we thought it merited a grumpy photo. But don’t worry; there won’t be any pictures of him drinking bleach or playing with knives. Though a few blogs back you may be shocked to find him chuggin on a beer!
3rd January 2010

:)
Beautiful pictures
6th February 2010

Sometimes you must be similar in character will have suffering enough from the stern still ploughing and foaming through the press, take things calmly. I liked reading this. I bookmark your blog. Keep up the good work. I am sure you will get some thumbs up :)
15th February 2011
on the river

wow...such an awesome photo...
22nd February 2012
Wind and Rain Bridge

Wow
I love your work. You people are just brilliant. Hats off to you and your sheer hard work. http://www.indialine.com/travel/jammukashmir/jammu/vaishno-devi.html
10th May 2012

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love your pictures. Your son is an angel. Hugs and kisses from Argentina. Graciela.

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb