better late than never


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 14th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey fellas!!

know this is really late sorry this took forever. been inundated with texts and emails aplenty about the dangers and perils of the recent earthquake that inflicted china. really gotta thank the big guy up there He's been really good. props to you guys too appreciate the concern i feel vey loved haha. im pretty far off the afflicted area so everthing's pretty safe here. we're now in yangshuo its a quaint little town thats still pretty much an idyllic getaway.

all ive got is a graphic i ripped from andy from his travelblog! its the itinerary for our sojourn this time. we're gonna hang in yangshuo quite abit; take a bus out of here to guilin for an hr+ to get our chinese visas done. then off to the most westward part in urumqi and kashgar (where they filmed the kite runner) how kickass rite! celestial stuff la those rolling hills and plains that seem to go on forever. and the people! over in that part of china, alot of theme are actually Muslims did you know?? am stoked, imagine waking up to the prayer call, and 5 times a day of euphonic melodies.

ok
chelsea & andychelsea & andychelsea & andy

they call the foreigner/ang moh here 'lao wai'. as with 'farang' in thailand. haha but chelsea taught english here for a yr. the rest...as they say, is history
i'd get more photos in abit! gonna makan breakfast now.
take care yesss.

................................................................................many hrs later.


we found ourselves a river where only the locals know and christened it 'the beach'; a la leonardo di caprio's movie. swam abit. ok i wont say too much it was truly a sight to behold.. ok gotta join the gang soon for english corner at chelsea's school. where they just got speak to kids; converse and hang and all. with free beer in exchange!
in china its really badass. they havent got stuff like reuters and bbc and cnn and all the works. not even blogger! says alot huh?
ok til my nxt post then. hang in tight guys.
hope ure all doing good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

ntuc?ntuc?
ntuc?

heres where we get our rice from fellas. inflation or otherwise its still workaday for them peasant folks
ME!ME!
ME!

who needs the mandai zoo when we've got these dudes. indulging in their grazing. without a care in the world. not even if it means blocking our cycling path
after the swim!after the swim!
after the swim!

whahaaha i look like i have tits man. fat already
my pretty pretty petticoatmy pretty pretty petticoat
my pretty pretty petticoat

isnt this picturesque. picture perfect; postcard worthy. the real deal. guilin.


16th May 2008

awesome
filming site of the kite runner?!?! omg i hate you! hahaha, i'm gonna hound you for all your pictures when you get back man. anyways, pls note the wonderful scenery and places that are must-visits. crap i'm considering china for postgrad trip now haha. cheaper than europe right!?
19th May 2008

haha dude we won 6-1 yday man!!! against the nufc spore fan club haha i didn't knw jermaine's team was that la....haha majun kena the head bleeding like the merlion spitting out the water....heng it wasn't serious la i think the other guy's teeth kena his head that's why bled so much.....season starting next wk liao haha looking fwd to it man....u have fun over there la take care dude.....

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb