Trekking for Rice Terraces Field


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Longji Rice Terraces
January 16th 2010
Published: February 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

16th Jan 2010 to 17th Jan 2010


"龙脊梯田,天下一绝 … LongJi Rice Terraces, the best in the world" as describe by the local people to this area

In this winter time, temperature at about 5 celsius, a sunny day, i am standing in front of “The LongJi Terraces Scenic Area Map” near to the ticketing counter after 3 hours travelling from Guilin down town to this LongJi rice terraces, Ping An ... 龙脊梯田,平安

First notice of this place was back to my college time as I read a travel article, it was 12 years ago. It is about 1000 years history about this place and famous with its grand and amazing paddy rice field scenic along the hill side.

LongJi became well known after published by one of the China photographer, lot of people being attracted to explore this place for its beauty and rich culture. With its potential and commercial value in tourism, a road was built to the mid hill. Recently these few years it became a hot spot for tourist after the completion of infrastructure.

There are two main famous scenic area, one is known as “Seven Stars accompany by Moon” located in
"Long Hair" village"Long Hair" village"Long Hair" village

located before upto hill
Ping An’s Zhuang village, another one is called “West Mountain Shao Le of Jinkeng” at Yao village (Da Zhai village) which required at least minimum 2 hours trekking from Ping An. Due to the time constraint, we only able to visit Ping An Village.

From Guilin down town, main bus terminal, you can take the direct express bus (RMB 22) to LongSheng, 龙胜 town (approximately 2 hours) and then take another bus to Pin An, 平安 / 龙脊 (RMB 7) in order to reach LongJi (approximately 1 hour).


Our hostel … emm … rather called it as guest house booked online, the direction given is just “walking 20 minutes from Ping An’s village entrance”. We notice that all the houses are built along the hill side which is not in order and there is no street labelling and signage direction given. What lucky is that, from far we saw the guest house at top, so we just follow the road up to the hill with our “directional sense”. We have turn here and there, up and down, then finally a tour guide show us the right direction to the guest house. Haha… we were the only guest checked in cause it is a low season.

After checked into the guest house, we followed the trail to the top of the viewing point, “Seven Stars accompany by Moon” - 七星伴月

Actually, the best viewing season is on month of May / June, which the terrace of rice field is full infill with water. Therefore, during the winter season, the rice field was not perfect due to the “water effect”. However, at a whole the scenic is grand enough.

The enjoyment of this trip is to hanging around the village to discover the local culture, of course the main is to the natural beauty of the hill side.

The new local developments, for example new hostel and set up new stall as well as lack of waste management over here, already caused pollution to the local environment. In additional, with crowded tourist, if still no proper review and control, the thousand years culture and heritage may slowly change and disappear.



Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

in Ping An / LingJi villagein Ping An / LingJi village
in Ping An / LingJi village

the 1st view as you entered to the village
LiQing Guest HouseLiQing Guest House
LiQing Guest House

the signboard showing the direction to my pre-booked guest house
On the topOn the top
On the top

people call it as "LongJi Rice Terraces, Best in the Earth"
Trail to the topTrail to the top
Trail to the top

.. pass by a family which doing wedding celabration ..


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb