China Trip: Day 11 - Guilin


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
October 17th 2007
Published: November 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The next morning, I walked outside of the hotel and down the sidewalk across the street. Some people were dancing, and doing Tai Chi.

We had a great lunch at the Long Ze Tea House, and then visited the Reed Flute Cave. It was cool, but very crowded in there. As we were walking back to the bus, I saw the group of Chinese ladies that I had talked with on the Li River cruise the day before.

The sales pitch of the day was going to a Pearl Museum. We were treated to a brief "fashion show" featuring young ladies wearing pearls, which livened things up a bit for me.

Then, we went to the airport. We had to say goodbye to our guide Kevin, who apparently is not allowed to go to Hong Kong. Hong Kong is still treated separately from the mainland of China. They still have a separate currency. The flight from Guilin was still treated as an international flight. There was a little chaos at the Guilin airport when going through customs and getting our boarding passes, but everything eventually turned out fine. The sun set while we were waiting to board our evening flight to Hong Kong.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Ni HaoNi Hao
Ni Hao

I ran into my Chinese friends, from the Li River cruise, again the next day outside Reed Flute Cave.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb