Shopping on Steroids


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
September 6th 2014
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 23.12, 113.25

We went for the weekend. Friday night and then returned Sunday night.
Only Problem.... Flight was delayed. We arrived in Guangzhou at 1am Saturday morning.
Very common in Nanjing.
It was very humid at the beginning of September.
We went up to the top of the Guangzhou Tower.
111 floors and 448.8 meters high to the roof but to the very tip its 595.7 meters high.
It was the tallest tower in China until Shanghai Tower replaced it in 2013.
There is a great view of the city. We also saw window cleaners cleaning the windows on the 107th floor. They where tied up with rope. It didn't look too safe to me.

We rode Tuk-Tuks everywhere.
The shopping markets are huge. They are out of control.
There is a huge shopping mall just for ladies clothes.
Another huge shopping mall just for ladies shoes.
Another for bags. Another for mens clothes. Another for mens shoes.
Another for kids cloths. Another just for clothing made of Denim.
Another for toys. Another for watches.
There were so many buildings and so many floors of shopping.
Most of the shops were wholesale and they would ask, "How many hundred do you want?"
If you said just one. They would walk away. There were even signs in the window saying that they only sell Wholesale.
Crazy place.
The watches were very particular. We found a man.... actually he found us.
"Do you want a Watch?" he asked. My husbands eyes lit up.
"Come with me," he replied.
We had to go and look.
We left the building and walked to a building that looked residential.
He called someone. We went up to the 11th floor. Knocked on the door and then in we went.
It was a shop with white walls and beautiful glass cabinets. A real shop. The watches had their box with a warranty. We couldn't figure out if they were real or fake. They looked real.
Then another call and back into the elevator to another floor to see more watches. Not as fancy but they still had the box and warranty.
"You want to buy a Bag?" He asked.
We figured.... Why not.
Another phone call and then in the lift again to another floor to see bags.
Another shop all set up professionally. Really strange feeling. Almost James Bond-ish.
We bought a few bits and pieces and then back home with the Tuk-Tuk.
When we arrived back to the Hotel and we paid him we realized that he couldn't see the money that we were giving him. It wasn't dark.... but he was almost blind? We laughed but then we realized.... How did he know where he was going?
We just counted our lucky stars that we made it back in one piece with all of our goodies.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb