Day 31 Yangzhou to Guangzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
November 23rd 2014
Published: November 23rd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hello People,



So we were lucky enough to get another lie in this morning, it was good but same as normal we were both up at 7am!!! Still out of bed at 8am. We headed into town for some breakfast, I had dumplings, as the Chinese were and if its good enough for them its good enough for me!!! Vick managed to get some good fruit bread at last and bought a mango, this disappeared in record time in the hostel. (I think she enjoyed it)



We sorted out a few things and then headed to the travel agents to get or bus to Guangzhou, when arriving they told us the times had changed and the type of bus had changed, one of this was good the other not so!! They delayed us an hour however they gave us a sleep bus (miles more comfy than a hard seat).



Once we got on the train we settled in, we both had low berths next to each other which was nice. We both just played and read our books, Vick slept, listen to music all thoroughly boring for somebody to write about let alone read!!!



So the negatives were, 1) the bus was meant to be 6 hours and turned out to be 7-1/2 hours!! 2)No english speaking we had no clue where we were at anytime!!! 3) they were placing a film on the screens, worst still in was the expendables 2 which is shite!!!



So we arrived at Guangzhou eventually and headed to the hostel via the metro, after a while struggling to find it we finally found our hostel on the 27th floor of a high rise. Its still under construction inside, so thats a nice way of saying its a dump still!!! However the hostel seems nice and the people are friendly running it.



We dropped of the bags and headed out for food, we found a little street restaurant and entered, only yo find they spoke no english however we found a new way of communicating....drawing the pictures of the animals to order that meat my cow was not understood but they got the chicken!!! Dinner was good as we had not lunch it was wolfed down quick!!



I bought us some beers for the hostel to watch a film before sleep, it was 30p a beer and thats a 600ml bottle (bargain). So before the film we did all our washing (boring I know) then had a beer and settled in bed to watch the film, Vick however had a different idea and was asleep before I had pressed play. So saving film night for another night soon lol!!! I stayed up to see Hamilton win the F1 crown and then wrote this all out. Im shattered so sleep is calling!!!





Thats everything!! Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb