Plays Week! Edition #5


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
October 26th 2012
Published: November 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The plays unit was wildly popular this term, with students bringing cameras to class to videotape them. We laughed, we nearly cried, we all had a good time. Here are some of the better ones:



A cafeteria worker falls in love with the prettiest girl in school. I've never had a canteen worker character before. As he put it, "I give a lot of rice."<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" />Interesting point of the day: a love story... but it wasn't clear if Ken was a woman or a gay man. Even Ken didn't know.

Men acting as women. Well some. And in love.

Hand holding and fake kissing. Chants for more kissing. (China is not a kissing culture, FYI).<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" />A wedding with the vows, "In disease and in health."<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" />And a love story turned robbery turned... Nokia commercial.

One smooth talking man led on three women telling them he loved them all. Then they busted him with his back up against a chalkboard getting extra friendly with another woman. They all beat him up. The catch: he's gay.

Three wolves with paper tails, two hunters. One wolf dies. Two wolves have wolf love (dancing and frolicking). They avenge the death of the first wolf. Big fight, everyone dies. Wolves dance in a circle together in heaven.

A basketball game turned fight is interrupted by a girl so she can teach them the Gangnam Style dance. The basketball players were played by girls and the "girl" was played by the largest boy in the class. Luckily, he knows the dance well.

A love story where the mother's only advice is:
To be or not to be is a question. To be or not to be is a question today.

Spiderman, Batman, and Superman all got into a fight over who is the best hero. Then AutoMan (a Chinese superhero) came and killed them all.

A girl's best friends convince her to go out with another friend, convinced they'll be a good couple. It's a whirlwind romance and then suddenly the man decides he wants to end things. Crushed, the girl talks to her best friends again and the male one convinces her that he will be a good boyfriend and she agrees.

Mistaken identity (I still don't know how) leads to suspicions of cheating, an attempt at mending things by the aid of two friends (one of whom was the mistaken person) and then the girlfriend storms off, hating them all.

An overbearing mother constantly drags her son home. And then tries to force him to marry. But when he flees the wedding for his (male) lover, there's a gun fight, and everyone dies.

Two men are in love with the same woman, but she rejects one for being too poor and the other for not being tall enough. The men meet online playing computer games and fall in love. They walk offstage holding hands.

The secret gay love triangle theme continues to an extreme including a scene "in bed" (on a desk). It's amazing what you can do on a wooden desk. They are sturdier and more resilient than they look.

A woman tells her coworker that she's pregnant.. by her brother. The boyfriend/brother's enthusiasm was palpable.

Tug of war... with a "pregnant" girl literally in the middle.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" />A murdered girl comes back from the dead to avenge her death and destroy the girl who killed her and stole her boyfriend.<br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" /><br style="color:񑘕 font-family: 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 18px; text-align: left;" />Add to this an obnoxiously loud audience and some boys who like to photo crash the awards ceremony and ask to get their shirts autographed.... it was a good week.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.358s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 82; dbt: 0.2708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb