Day Five...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Foshan
July 19th 2009
Published: July 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to day five of our trip. We are all feeling pretty tired by now and the intense heat doesn't help but we are positive, we have had a good day and we are looking forward to the Guilin trip.

Today we had a day in school. We had breakfast and then started the day with a Chinese lesson. This was good as we went over some of the phrases we would need for Guilin which was very useful. This was followed by a lantern making lesson which everyone really enjoyed, firstly we had to bend some bamboo strips in to pentagons and wire them together. We made ten of these and wired them all together to form what we were told was a 'heart shape'. This was as far as we got today because it was lunchtime, we will finish the lanterns tomorrow.

After our lunch and the 'nap time' we then went for some more Kung-Fu! The students enjoy these lessons, some of them are becoming quite good and have a flair for it, Naomi and Chloe in particular were very good as they say they do some gymnastics.

After our Kung-Fu lesson we went to the classroom to prepare for tonights lesson where our students will be teaching the Chinese students some English! We had lots of methods of teaching, include Johnny, Kieran and Ryan who came up with blockbusters. I'm not sure what the Chinese students will make of the letter 'G' which asks the questions, what 'G' makes the sound bong? - Gong!

Tonight we are doing singing in the Beijing Opera style, earplugs at the ready!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



19th July 2009

Wow
Wow the lanterns look very complicated to make, look forward to seeing the finished product and hope you will be able to safely carry them home in your luggage! Good luck with the Opera.

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb