Almost finished the first semester


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Qingyang » Xifeng
July 12th 2009
Published: July 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The past couple of weeks for me at least have been a wind down towards the end of term. The school has been busy with various exams and so a big part of my work has not taken place. However, we did have a visit from the Programme Office to see what sort of Life Skills Education the students in the area were getting. This involved visiting different junior and primary schools in the area and interviewing the staff and students. The conclusion was that there was certainly a need to equip the students with more life skills for when they leave school. One group of students at one of the primary schools said that they needed to be taught how to look after themselves and how to live independently. For a lot of these children, they did not live with their family because their parents were migration workers and had to leave their children to go and find jobs. These children were only 9 and 10 years old but were already thinking about how to live by themselves.
We continue to discover the local countryside and went for another walk at the weekend. We always take our camera and are fascinated by the sights we see. The monkey circus was my least favourite - sorry no photos! We live on a mountain plateau about 1000m above sea level and the surrounding countryside has great views. Unfortunately, most of it is quite inaccessible for walking but we keep trying to find some sort of hiking trail………



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb