Fascinated with us!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Fujian » Xiamen » Gulangyu
April 8th 2015
Published: April 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It was a cool and wet day when we arrived at the Port of Xiamen, China yesterday. We opted to relax on ship until going to an evening performance at a local theater, Magic Min’ nan.

It didn’t disappoint in uniqueness and variety. Thoroughly enjoyed the show but the real fun was after it ended. The Chinese tourists also attending wanted to take pictures of and with us.

We stayed overnight in this very modern and good sized port town and in the morning left for our bike ride along the coast, followed by a Tai Chi performance/lesson and a tea tasting.

Our last stop at a shopping area ,where again, the entertainment was in the Chinese people’s fascination with us. A young woman asked if she could take a picture of her baby in the arms of one of us.

Weather here on this day was cloudy but fortunately didn’t rain for our activities - temp in the high fifties. Considered cool for this area.



Twelve more weeks…


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

A beautiful coastal rideA beautiful coastal ride
A beautiful coastal ride

Jerry on left, Jim Miler on right.


8th April 2015

Fascinated with us
Interesting how friendly the Chinese were to your group, they seem to hunger for more knowledge about us perhaps because of government restrictions still in place or they simply could not resist your wonderful smile Sue! ???

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb