Arrival at Millennium Harbourview Hotel, Xiamen (15th January 2014)


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Fujian » Xiamen » Gulangyu
January 15th 2014
Published: February 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday, 15th January 2014

Day 5 - After saying goodbye to our lovely homestay and gracious host in Kinmen, we slowly made our way to the Shuitou Ferry Terminal for our voyage to Xiamen, China. Temperatures were hovering between 8 - 9 degrees from the night before and it was certainly not the most pleasant moment to be in at the outdoors.

Getting on board our 10.30am ferry was a breeze. The Kinmen International Ferry Terminal was nicely spruced up and very soon, we were on our 30-minute commute to Xiamen. Like Kinmen, Xiamen City presents itself on an island that is densely populated with 2M inhabitants.

After kissing goodbye to the taxi touts at Wutong Ferry Terminal, we hailed a legitimate taxi from the official ranks. The journey to our hotel in the downtown area took closed to 45 minutes as it passed through the beautifully-scaped Huandao East Road. Traffic grew heavier as we approached our hotel, The Millennium Harbourview Xiamen.

Given its prime location, cheerful staffs and affordable rates, we were very happy with our choice of accommodation as we used it as a base for our sightseeing plans in the afternoon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb