Fuzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Fujian » Fuzhou
November 24th 2006
Published: November 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We left Shanghai after another night on the beer & tequilla. We played pool with our room mate Rudi, (short for Rudolph as in the Reindeer!!) & an Australian guy, Josh, it was the last night of his trip so we had to make sure he went on a high. I have to declare that I am the worst pool player ever, even worse than I remembered!!

We managed to pack by torch light, as there was a power cut at the hostel and got the train to Fuzhou. I swear I read somewhere it was going to be 7 - 9 hours, well the journey took 18 hours! We had to share a cabin with a small Chinese boy who insisted on saying Hello as fast & as loud as he possibly could for the first 30 minutes of the journey, & every now & again he would start up again.

There is not a lot going on here, we visited the three listed places of interest in my book & have walked miles today. It has been really warm and nobody speaks a word of English, when we tried to check into the hotel we had such trouble I thought we were going to have to sleep on the streets.

We went to the train station & after 3 unsuccessful attempts at trying to purchase a ticket to get out of here, we headed to the bus station to see if they could understand my Chinese Character writing, (I'm getting quite good now!). We suceeded in purchasing a bus ticket & are heading to Xiamen tomorrow, (hopefully it should be a 4-5 hour journey), but hey this is China so you never know. The weather is getting warmer so lets hope there is more to do in Xiamen & the weather stays nice!

We are now starting to miss British Food & cups of tea!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb