The Unique Heartbeat-Museum Built by the French Masters


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
July 31st 2019
Published: July 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

In the few seconds it takes you to read this sentence, 1.8 people have already left this world, and their heartbeats are gone forever.

Human emotions are interlinked, and everyone wants their loved ones to be with them for as long as possible. When passing away becomes inevitable, do you have a way to keep your loved one’s heart alive and let this unique rhythm of life remind you of the joy they brought you? How do we record a person’s existence?

Christian Boltanski, the famous French sculptor, artist, painter and film producer, was born in 1944. Another of his many talents is adjusting the memory of someone through his creations.

“We arrived, we left.” In 2008, Boltanski began a new artistic experiment. He tried to fight fragile memory with the unique sound of a beating heart. In 11 years, he has collected the heartbeats of more than 120,000 people worldwide.

And this time, he is bringing those heartbeats to Wulong. In 2019, the first-ever Heartbeat Museum in Wulong will store all the heartbeats that come here.

If I could, I would listen to the unique heartbeat of every life…

Walking along the winding path in the primitive forest, you will hear a faint heartbeat along the way. This road plays the heartbeats of all those who participated in its construction. It will lead you on a tour of memory.

Walking into the Heartbeat Museum, you understand the purpose all at once when you first enter. It is visually stunning because of the purity of it all. The natural white door, the classic white wall. After simple registration at the reception desk, you can get a closer look at this beautiful building yourself.

The museum has three specialized rooms: a Recording Room where heartbeats are recorded, a Listening Room where you can search for existing heartbeats, and a Ventricle, a large device where heartbeats can actually be felt.

Walking into the corridor, a name flashed faintly on the display. The room was filled with the heartbeat of that person. In this special place, your heart beats in subtle ways with the hearts of others.

This is a peaceful corner away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

This is a journey that lets you listen to and get close to others.

This is a pilgrimage.

In 2019, in Lanba, Wulong, the first Heartbeat Museum in China will be open to you. Come here, listen to the heartbeat of your loved one, feel the rhythm of life, and experience the unique charm of it all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb