The Monkey King!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 26th 2011
Published: November 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Monkey King Intro 2 19 secs

1 additional video(s) currently being processed
Today we went to a large bookstore and bought some books. It was remarkable to see the volume of English/American lit available at this store. It is interesting to see how much the Steve Jobs book has been advertised in Beijing and that the advertising seemed to pay off at the cashier counter. (I'll offer no editorial on Steve Jobs on this blog.) There were books in English in all genres. We bought several books with classic Chinese stories in Chinese characters and pinyin for the girls.

After walking around to see the sights, we walked to the Beijing Children's Theater where we saw a fantastic performance of The Monkey King. The production, props, staging, acrobats and especially acting were all excellent.

Tomorrow, we are going to Vivian's home to celebrate Stephanie's birthday. Then it will be time to pack and get ready for our early morning flight on Monday (Sunday for you). It will be strange arriving in Chicago one hour before we left Beijing. J-e-t-l-a-g!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb